News: Always-Updated List of Phones With No Headphone Jack Built-In

Always-Updated List of Phones With No Headphone Jack Built-In

The past year brought about a number of trends in the smartphone space. More immersive displays, better processors, and portrait mode for cameras come to mind as big steps forward. One of the most polarizing trends that continued in 2017 is the removal of the 3.5 mm headphone jack from flagship phones. The number of manufacturers that have completely dispensed with wired audio is staggering, so let's run down the full list!

Motorola began the pattern of removing headphone jacks in early 2016. The Moto Z and Moto Z Force Droid were the first modern Android flagships to move to USB-C for both charging and audio. Apple kicked off the trend in earnest when they removed the minijack port in the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus in September 2016. Since then, a number of manufacturers all over the world have kicked wired audio to the curb.

List of Phones Without a 3.5 mm Headphone Jack

Let us know in the comments if you're aware of any other phones without a 3.5 mm jack. We will keep this list continually updated as new phones are released, so stay tuned!

Just updated your iPhone? You'll find new emoji, enhanced security, podcast transcripts, Apple Cash virtual numbers, and other useful features. There are even new additions hidden within Safari. Find out what's new and changed on your iPhone with the iOS 17.4 update.

Cover image by Jeff Springer/Gadget Hacks

1 Comment

Hello!
The pending question about jack-less is: will they still be able to play FM radio?

I don't care about specifications: I really would like to know IF ANYONE has listened to FM radio from a smartphone without jack (and cable used as antenna receiver).

I love FM radio on my (old) device, but I would like to buy a next generation one!!
For example,
Essential Phone // Elephone ... please help!!

For sure I know Apple has disabled FM radio because is forcing people to use Itunes, for this - and many other - reason, I won't buy Apple).

Thanks a lot!

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Latest