Want to make your own soda or maybe just bring a dull one back to life? Homemade sodas don't always live up to the store bought ones because they can taste flat by comparison. This quick and easy method makes super fizzy drinks with only four ingredients.
Because putting dry ice in a sealed bottle would effectively turn it into a bomb, you'll need to make a safety valve for the bottle.
- Safety valve
- 1 cup white sugar
- 10 cups cold water
- 1/2 oz. flavoring (such as root beer extract)
- Dry ice
First, drill a hole in the bottle cap and fit the safety valve into the hole.
Then, screw on the locknut to hold it into place.
It should look like this when you're done.
Mix the water, sugar, and flavoring. Pour them into the bottle and add a few chunks of dry ice.
Screw on the cap, wait about ten minutes for it to finish carbonating, and enjoy your homemade soda!
Head over to Rickety for Paul W's full explanation.
Dry ice photo by ShawnHenning
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades