Nothing to do this summer? Then spark things up with a little baking soda and some vinegar and make a tiny, working rocket. Best of all—you probably already have most of the materials and ingredients lying around the house.
- Test tube
- Three small cardboard triangles
- Duct tape
- Small wooden board
- One nail
- Baking soda
- Liquid glue
Use the hammer to drive the nail through the center of the board.
Attach the cork onto the tip of the nail.
Tape the cardboard rectangles onto the flat end of the test tube.
Put a spoonful of baking soda in the center of the napkin. Wrap it up and secure it with some tape.
Use the glue to attach the napkin to the cork.
Put some vinegar in the test tube. Then, seal it with the cork, making sure the napkin with the baking soda is inside the tube.
Now, all you have to do is attach the cork to the base, turn it over, then set it down and watch your rocket fly! Check out the results from YouTuber 24Samuka:
Looking for a different type of mini-rocket? Check out some of your other options.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades